Alphablocks Nursery School & Pre-Prep in Hadley Wood provides outstanding early education to children aged two to five years old. We empower children to become confident learners in a safe and stimulating environment, which adapts according to the skills that we want our children to develop.
Our children say:
- Rosie: “I like the playground and the slide, I like to go on the trampoline”
- Jack: “I like PE on Wednesday, I like cheering and clapping for my friends”
- Coco: “I love the books we share together and talking in Spanish with the teacher”
- Zion: “I like the sandpit in the garden”
- Theo: “I like playing with the wooden aeroplane and I like the singing and jumping songs”
- Luqman: “I like my superhero books”
Our parents say:
- Star: “My son is very happy at Alphablocks. The staff are great and the setting is fantastic. I looked around at many places but this stands out as exceptional in our area.”
- Kenny: “Our daughters are now in their second term here, and are absolutely loving it. Staff are gentle and friendly, and there is plenty of space and toys for them to play with. The girls are happy to be dropped off and on the odd occasion where they don’t want to leave mummy or daddy, the staff are very good at calming them down.”
- Alice: “My son has had a very happy term. I love hearing about all the things he has been up to. I think you are doing a fantastic job!”
- Lianna: “What a fantastic nursery – [my husband] and I have been so impressed with all your efforts and your lovely team. [My daughter] is just the happiest girl with you, she is learning and experiencing such a wide and interesting range of things and has come on leaps and bounds since starting.”
The recent Ofsted inspection recognised the quality of our teaching, the exceptional learning outcomes that our children achieve, and echoed the views expressed by our children and their parents or carers.
Ofsted judged us to be Outstanding because:
“Children make exceptional progress. They have extremely good opportunities to challenge their physical skills, outdoors and indoors. Their emotional well-being is superbly promoted. All children thrive, with remarkably high levels of self-esteem and confidence.”
In particular, Ofsted found that:
- The nurturing and highly responsive staff value and support children’s individual needs. Children are extremely happy and calm as they play. They are creative, imaginative and highly motivated learners.
- Partnerships with parents are excellent. A variety of highly effective systems is used to exchange detailed information.
- Staff use precise assessments to plan exceptional experiences, which are tailored to children’s unique interests and learning needs.
In relation to our teaching, Ofsted said:
“Teaching is consistently of a very high quality and children are highly motivated to join in. For example, during a science experiment, children are fascinated to watch ‘volcanoes’ exploding as they investigate a variety of different materials. Children scream with delight and use words such as ‘lava’ and ‘hot’.”
“Staff skilfully support children’s literacy skills. For example, as children play in the role-play kitchen, staff suggest they write a shopping list and then explore the sounds that letters represent in words.”