Alphablocks Nursery School & Pre-Prep has a range of Policies and Procedures that are followed by all teachers and members of staff. They are in place to ensure we meet or exceed the standards set out by the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (England & Wales). We implement these rigorously so that we always provide a safe environment for children in our care.
P&Ps are shared with parents during a comprehensive registration meeting, before a child begins attending the School. Policies are always available for parents, carers or any other stakeholders to access at all times either online or offline, and are sometimes also publicly displayed as in, for instance, our Parents’ Board near the main entrance.
Here is a list of the most important parts of our P&Ps:
- Curriculum policy describing our unique educational approach (here is a brief introduction to the early years teaching approach followed by our School).
- Our “Working in Partnership with Parents” policy describing the way we strive to work with parents and the expectations that parents or carers can have from our staff and services.
- Clear and straightforward School Fees structure, explicitly showing the government-backed funding discount for children who are 3 years old or over.
- Clear and brief Terms & Conditions of engagement with us.
- Safeguarding Policy (also on display on our Parents’ Board at the School)
- Health and Safety Policy (also display on our Parents’ Board at the School).
- Policies and Procedures on digital safety, use of mobile phones and social media.
- Procedures for supporting children with Special Educational Needs.
- Strict policies regarding administering medication and first aid, reporting of accidents, incidents and emergencies.
- Our complaints policies summarise the different stages you can follow if you are unhappy about any area of our work.
- Strict policies regarding the welfare of children on outings, bullying and other behaviour management policies.
- We also have procedures that describe our practices on specific times of change for a child, such as the transition to nursery.
In addition to the above, there are separate policies on staffing and the rigorous process of recruitment, induction, training and continuous employment.
Our P&Ps are there to provide you with the reassurance that we meet or exceed legal requirements and that, perhaps more importantly, there are excellent systems and practices in place on every area of our work, which allow us to review and improve our services on an ongoing basis.
For more information about our School consult the Frequently Asked Questions page.