What age does my child need to be?
- Your child needs to be between 2 and 5 years old.
- However, we do have a very small annual intake of 1-2 year old and 5-6 year old children.
- We only have a limited number of places every year in the Pre-Prep group, so please do ask us as early as possible about this.
What are your operating hours?
- Our School is open between 8.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m.
- This is Monday to Friday, during Term time only.
- We also operate on extended opening hours, with early drop-off from 8.15 a.m. and late pick-up until 5.30-5.45 p.m. There is a small additional cost for this.
How long is your School Term?
- The length of each Term can vary, but on average a Term has 13 weeks as our School operates over 39 weeks in total per academic year. There are 3 terms:
- Autumn Term (September to December)
- Spring Term (January to Easter break)
- Summer Term (from Easter break to July).
- We follow the standard school terms for Barnet and Enfield Boroughs of London.
Are there drop-off and pick-up times?
- Yes – it helps to establish routines that will continue to Primary School.
- We ask you to drop-off your child between 8.30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Pick-ups at the end of the day are between 4 p.m. and 4.30 p.m.
- Pick-ups after a morning session are between 12 p.m. and 12.30 p.m.
- Finally, pick-up for the extended hours is at 5.30 p.m.
Will you keep me informed about my child’s progress?
- Absolutely. We are committed to high standards of communication practices.
- The Head of School will arrange face-to-face meetings with you twice per Term.
- The Key Teacher for your child will also give you brief, regular updates.
- As a free service, you will receive electronic updates with professional observations on your child’s progress. You can input your own observations as well, ensuring consistency between the learning journey at school and ay home. To manage this, we use a state of the art software tool.
- Teachers’ observations are a cornerstone of early years education, and we use best-in-class software that logs such observations and shares them with you on your desktop, tablet, or smartphone device. A great benefit of this tool is that you can add your own observations, helping your child’s Key Teacher provide continuity of learning between Home and School.
What is your educational approach?
- We follow a hybrid approach, in which we combine the best elements of different educational approaches to maximize the learning potential of every child.
- Our classroom is specifically designed so that it caters to the learning needs of the children and adapts to those needs, taking into account the skills we want them to develop. Children use the indoors or outdoor spaces to explore, learn, relax in and have fun through play.
- We place specific emphasis on early language development, e.g., through projects such as Bringing Stories to Life, as well as early mathematics.
- Our teachers are experienced educators who are qualified in the field of early education. They are inducted in our educational approach and develop deep relationships with our children and their families.
What are your fees?
- The minimum fee is for 5 sessions per week (4 hour session in the morning or the afternoon) for children over three years of age. For younger children the minimum fee corresponds to attendance for 3 sessions per week.
- Each session costs £35 (4 hour session), while full-day attendance is £60 (8 hours).
- You can find our complete price list with all possible options here.
Is there a Registration fee? When is a deposit needed?
- Yes, there is a one-off administration fee upon registering your child and securing a place.
- This is currently set at £60 and it is non-refundable.
- If and only if your child is due to start at a date which is beyond at least one month from the date of registration, then in most cases a deposit of £340 is requested, and this is of course deducible from the fees for the first term of attendance.
- Please consult our Terms & Conditions for any clarifications, or just ask us about it.
I have a few questions, how can I get in touch with you?
- We want to answer all your questions, and especially those around our unique educational approach for children aged 2 to 5 years old.
- Feel free to get in touch now by calling us on 0208 935 5636, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also submit a simple form and we can call you back.
- It would be great to meet you and your child, so please arrange a visit as soon as you are ready.
I’d like to visit the School, how and when can I do this?
- You can visit the School during normal operating hours, but in particular time slots, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- Please make your selection by arranging a visit via this form.
- Our team will be there to welcome you and show you around.
How do you compare against other nurseries and nursery schools?
- We are focused on early education and aim to empower your child to become a confident learner. Please read some more on this in the About Us page.
- In practice this means that we prepare your child for the challenges of Primary School and his or her future education.
- We strongly encourage you to visit as many settings as possible, and to compare them against each other.
- To help you do this we have written a blog post in which we explain what to look out for when choosing a nursery for your child.
- Our pricing is highly competitive for what we offer and we are among the most flexible nurseries serving the areas of Cockfosters, Potters Bar, Enfield and Barnet.
- You can find a lot more information about the School on our YouTube Channel.
What is the difference between a ‘nursery’ or ‘day nursery’ and ‘nursery school’?
- Nursery is a broad term that includes many types of establishments that look after children.
- The most common types of nursery are Day Nurseries and Nursery Schools.
- Day Nurseries care for children from three months old to five years old; they are open for around fifty weeks a year and are typically open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nursery Schools are more focused on early education and, as a result, care for children between the ages of two years old to five years old; they operate during School Terms only and are typically open until 3.30 p.m.
I’d like to secure a place for my child, how can I do this?
- If you have visited the School and want to secure a place, please complete this registration form.
Can I read through your Policies & Procedures, T&Cs, etc.?