Our hybrid educational approach at Alphablocks Nursery School has been recognised for its beneficial mix of pedagogical methods, which are naturally incorporated in our everyday practice and guide our children’s learning journeys. During this Spring Term we are focusing on a different approach every two-week ‘cycle’ (we call these ‘focused weeks’). Regular updates will be published in our blog.
Plan for Spring Term 2018-19
There are a great many details that go into planning, resourcing, executing, and reflecting on these focused weeks. We would like to give a summary here, referring only at a high level to the learning focus points and the environment’s changes.
Note! The environment in an early years setting does not play a trivial, or merely ancillary, role – it is an absolutely essential element of learning, in all methodologies, but especially so in Forest School, Montessori, and Reggio Emilia.
High Scope weeks
- Our learning will focus on: reflection
- Our environment will look more: integrated
- Our learning will focus on: independence
- Our environment will look more: structured and aesthetically pleasing.
Reggio Emilia Weeks
- Our learning will focus on: inspiration
- Our environment will look more: inviting
Forest school Weeks
- Our learning will focus on: exploration
- Our environment will look more: natural